Safaricom has written to the CID to investigate the leakage of confidential financial documents from the telecommunications giant.
In a statement on Friday, CEO Bob Collymore said the leaked report was in its initial stages, and no individuals or organisations benefited inappropriately from the company.
Collymore commissioned KPMG to conduct a study of projects they had undertaken in the past two years, and the draft report was illegally made public.
“As a responsible company, Safaricom at times seeks the views of external experts to ensure that compliance and governance processes are effectively implemented,” he said.
The report, which was leaked on Tuesday, implicated top Safaricom managers in alleged multi-billion shilling tendering irregularities. It is currently the subject of a parliamentary investigation. It details a review of 23 questionable tenders awarded between September 2013 and August 2015.
This comes as WPP-Scangroup, listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange, cleared its name over any wrongdoing regarding a Sh2.1 billion tender in December 2013 and January 2014.
In a statement on Friday, the company said: “These amounts were paid in the normal course of business and are not disputed.”
They explained that the payments covered production costs of TV, and radio advertisements the company carried out on behalf of Safaricom during that period.
Last week, Safaricom announced a record Sh38 billion profit for 2015 .
However, many Kenyans are suspicious of Bob Collymore after he took over someone’s wife whom he has since married as his own in Nairobi.