Kingi at EACC for probe into Sh51 million theft of Kilifi money
Kilifi Governor Amason Kingi today made an apperance at the EACC to provide more information over loss of 51million from county bank account, the funds were stolen by companies associated with Jubilee top operatives (all directors are from Mt Kenya).
Kingi arrived at Integrity Centre on Monday, accompanied by Mombasa Governor Hassan Joho, Kisumu Senator James Orengo, Kilifi County women representative Hon Aisha Jumwa and hundrends of supporters.
Dozens of GSU personnel were deployed outside the the premises, officials saying they had expected the Kilifi county boss to go with supporters.
Kingi gave provided EACC with more information that he hopes will help EACC take necessary criminal action against fraudsters who stole the money through IFMIS.
The Kilifi government obtained court orders on Friday, compelling the national government to freeze the assets and accounts of companies alleged to have stolen the money from county coffers.
Kingi said they had sued the five Nairobi companies – Daima One Enterprises, Leadership Edge Associates, Kilingi Investment, Makegra Supplies and Zohali Supplies – over the scandal.
The directors of each company have also been enjoined in the civil suit.
Kingi also obtained court orders compelling banks that transacted the funds to supply the five companies’ statements.
Three days after word on the scandal broke, the Governor suspended 10 county officials whose IFMIS passwords are said to have been used to steal the funds.
So far Governor Kingi has provided more than enough information BUT EACCC, Police and DPP are dragging their feet to prosecute the Jubilee operatives.